Export Etsy Customer Emails
How many times have you been advised “to build your email list”? While this is good advice, it doesn’t take into account that Etsy makes it hard for sellers to get their customers’ emails.
In fact, the platform lacks email marketing features and doesn’t allow owners to collect their emails in any other way but through using a newsletter. However, if you use just the newsletter option, that builds your email list very slowly, and you end up missing out on the opportunity to connect with a number of customers that didn’t sign up for your newsletter despite having interacted with you (or bought from you).
Luckily, there’s a way to go around this rule. In this article, we’ll discuss how you can export your customers’ emails manually or with the help of a Google Chrome extension.
We must say that we don’t recommend this option as it’s simply too time-consuming. You’ll need to go to every order page and copy the information. While this tactic may work for beginners, big-time sellers that receive large amounts of orders will have a hard time building their list by choosing this approach. In case you want to try out this technique and see how it works for your business, here’s how to do it:
- Go to your completed order page.
- Press right-click and you’ll be able to inspect the HTML on the page.
- Next, copy the HTML copy of the page and paste the code into an email extractor software.
- This must be repeated for each and every order page.
Copy Pasting HTML Into Email Extractor
This is similar to the previous method, but it allows you to extract up to 35 emails per order page. Here is how to do it:
- Go to your Etsy Shop Manager and Orders & Shipping tab and select Completed.
- Right-click on the webpage and click on the Inspect option.
- After that, an Inspect Elements window will appear on your screen. Just press command+f and search for body.
- Now, go to http://emailextractor.etsymarketer.com/ and paste the body tag.
- Press extract.
- Now, you’ll be able to see a list of 35 emails per page. Next, copy and paste all these emails into a Google Sheet document.
- Next, paste all your emails into an Excel document.
- Remember to delete the semi-colon from the end of all email addresses.
- That’s it! You just pulled out 35 emails.
- Delete the semicolon from the end of all email addresses and you’re finished.
Exporting Etsy Emails Using Marketsy
This is one of the best and quickest ways to get your customers’ emails. Marketsy is an affordable Google extension that takes the fuss out of building your Etsy email list. No manual importing of each and every email of your orders page—Marketsy does that for you in just a few clicks. What’s more, the extension allows you to store all these emails and use them on other platforms such as Shopify and Mailchimp.
Here’s how you can use Marketsy to download your customers’ emails:
- Go to your Etsy Shop Manager. Find the shop orders page from which you want to download your customer emails.
- Next, open your chrome extension. Click on the trashcan button to reload the page.
- Once the page has loaded all content, click on refresh (circle arrow button). The page will download an email count update.
- Go to the next shop order page and click once again on refresh (circle arrow button).
- You need to repeat these steps for all the shop orders page on Etsy from which you want to get your customers’ emails. Once you’re finished, you can download all your emails.
- Once you get all your emails, click on the save button and a CSV file will be exported to your computer, and you’re done!